If your group or good cause is looking for funding, then why not apply to the Parish Council for a grant award…
The Parish Council has a grants budget which is used to help support local charities and voluntary groups each year with funding to enable them to carry out projects and activities for the benefit of local residents. Our Grants Working Party meets three times a year to consider applications and so far this year we have awarded over £3,500 to the following groups:
£500.00 to Dorset & Wiltshire Fire Service to assist with transportation costs to take local schools to driving awareness workshops.
£300.00 to the Wiltshire Bobby Van which provides home security solutions to residents who are over 60 and 18+ with a disability.
£380.00 to Busy Fingers baby and toddler group to replace broken equipment.
£1500.00 to FC Abbey Meads for additional football kit.
£500.00 for Seven Fields Park Run to purchase new equipment for this new event taking place in our Parish
£400.00 to the South West Ambulance Service to purchase a super new chair for assisting people who have had a fall.
Would your community group benefit from a grant?
If you would like to consider applying for a grant for your organisation, project or an upcoming event/activity there are several ways to gain more information and get an application form, click on the link below or:
• contact us on 01793 722446
• call in to our office
• email firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous grants include funding for:
• Shine Swindon to run support groups for new mothers who are suffering from postnatal depression
• Swindon 105.5 local radio – to provide training for local groups to help them promote their causes and events
• Britannia Majorettes and Miniettes of Swindon for the purchase of new uniforms
• Emmanuel URC Church for the running of Haydon Wick Festival
• Haydon Wick Guides & Rangers to help with the costs of a trip to France
• 7th Swindon Scouts for the purchase of a new water boiler
• Swindon & Cricklade Railway for the conversion of a train carriage to accommodate wheelchair users and carers
Download an application form here:
Deadlines for receipt of applications: 31 January; 31 May and 30 September each year