Recreation, Open Spaces & Play Areas
- Grounds maintenance at Trent Road Field, King George V Field, the open space adjacent to the Bowls Green and Clary Road to improve the condition of the entrance, goalmouths and footpaths.
- Repairs to some of the existing equipment in the Council play areas.
- All plots taken, and the waiting list is currently closed due to the large numbers on the list future vacancies.
- Improvements have been made to the car parking area plus ongoing minor maintenance to the water system and skip compound.
- Arboriculture work at various locations.
- Provision of additional dog waste bins and litter bins at a number of locations around the Parish.
Highways, Footpaths & Rights of Way
The Parish Council has been in consultation with the Borough Council with regard to footpaths provision and highway matters in the Parish.
The Parish Council has funded additional Parish signs at the boundaries of the Parish.
The Parish Council has successfully lobbied the Borough Council for changes in signage and changes in the carriageway markings at Thamesdown Drive and its junction with the A419.
The Parish Council has provided £15,000 funding towards the recent provision of a pedestrian crossing in Thames Avenue opposite the Home Ground Pharmacy and Surgery
Haydon Wick Emergency Committee has developed an Emergency Plan. The intention is that this plan coudl be adopted to use for any emergency, not just flooding.
Flood Alleviation Works
The Parish Council has been liaising with Thames Water, the Environment Agency and Swindon Borough Council with regard to reinstatement of open space areas following completion of the Thames Water works. The Environment Agency is still undertaking works necessary in the Parish.
Christmas Parcels Scheme
Members of the Parish Council and the community distributed 220+ parcels to elderly residents of the Parish following a renewal of the list of recipients.
Sponsorship & Grants to Voluntary Organisations
- Donations made to 7 organisations.
- Grants made to Young At Heart Club & Over 60's Club.
- Sponsorship of the Haydon Wick Newsletter.
- Sponsorship of Haydon Wick Community Transport.
Work with Young People
The Youth Parish Council meets regularly and has been involved in a number of projects
The Council and Youth council has been instrumental in the provision a Youth Session at the Underground for 10-13 years old - lol@undrgrn.
The Youth Parish Council visited the North Swindon Library, new play ars in Priory Vale and Haydon End and the wildlife garden in the Leisure Gardens site
The Parish Council continues to fund the employment of a Youth Leader to run Youth Sessions at the Underground for 10-13 years old - lol@undrgrnd, which are held on Friday evenings.
Haydon Wick Newsletter
The Newsletter continues to be circulated three times a year which is now available on the Council web site.
Steps have been taken to improve the quality of the Newsletter with the introduction of colour pages and better quality paper.
The Parish Council continues to support a Neighbourhood Safety Team for Haydon Wick. The Parish Council provides meeting room space.
The Parish Council supports local policing and has purchased two bicycles for local police use.
67+ Applications have been commented upon including final phases of Haydon 3. The Council has made representation with regard to the developments at Moredon Bridge and proposed developments at Ridgeway Farm and Tadpole Farm.
Section 106 Agreements
Representatives of the Council continue to meet on a regular basis with representatives of Blunsdon St Andrew Parish Council, Ward Councillors and Swindon Borough Officers regarding projects for funding from Section 106 monies generated from the Northern Development.
Haydon Wick Community Transport
The scheme is operated from the Council Offices. It provides door-to door-transport for elderly and disabled residents of the Parish.
The Offices have been used by:-
- Swindon Borough Council.
- Parent Partnership for Seminars.
- The NHS Primary Care Trust.
- Parenting Courses run by local Health Visitors.
- Residents Associations.
- The Environment Agency.
- Haydon Wick Artists Society meets each week at the premises and has held a several day seminars plus an exhibitions of their work in 2010.
- Borough Councillors for monthly surgeries.
The Photovoltaic System installed on the Office roof which generates electricity from light continues to be very successful. Energy Surplus to Council office is sold back to the National Grid.
The Council made comments in the Admissions Arrangements for the latest Academic year in Northern Swindon
Freedom of Information
The Parish Council adopted a new Publication Scheme approved by the Information Commissioner With effect from 1 January 2009
Data Protection Act 1998
The Parish Council is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office.
Parish Council website
The website includes information on the Parish, including photographs, a News page, the diary of meetings, agenda and minutes of the previous meeting. The layout of the web site is regularly reviewed and improved.
Connecting People Connecting Places
The Parish Council continues to endeavour to be involved in the North Cluster.
Review of Borough Ward Boundaries
The Parish Council has made representation to the Government Boundary Commission with regard to changes to Swindon Borough Ward Boundaries. Swindon Borough Council will be instigating a Parish Boundary Review after the completion of the Ward Boundaries Review.